A workshop and demonstration. 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. See pre-registration information here. $10 per person, $20 per family.
Is my Forest Healthy? How do I Know?
· Learn to identify and manage common conditions that make your trees weak and vulnerable to tree-killing bark beetles, root rots, defoliators, and other pests.
· Learn how to examine tree density in order to recognize if your forest is “overstocked” and how to thin and prune trees so they are healthy, productive, and safe.
· Get ideas for improving and protecting wildlife habitat in your woods.
· Get hands-on experience measuring trees. Keep the instruments for monitoring growth and changes.
· Learn about programs that will help you improve forest health, reduce wildfire risk, and save you time and money.
· Meet foresters, contractors, family forest owners!